Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fasting for Peace

I fasted on the 4th of July for peace.
A political fast is about making a statement. Since I was quiet about my fast until now, my political fast was inner driven. I used it to concentrate my energy on thinking about peace and independence, in all the modes I could think of. I’m extending that process into 2 days of eating MRE’s. Today is about the experience of what soldiers in the field eat, while extending my emotional energy toward peace and support for troops deployed all over the world.
My entire journal of the process is in 3 parts at Blither, Blather, Bloviate. I'm still processing the effects this has had on me. I can say I'm definitely not sorry for the experience, nor am I regretting the MRE's. I would be less than honest if I didn't say I was looking forward to regular food on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home